- Act as an advocate for equalities and diversity across our activities and bring that perspective explicitly to GPEX deliberations.
- Improve transparency in the role by providing regular reports to members, including using the Members website to communicate.
- Ensure that all activities and achievements are publicised regularly to the membership and demonstrate clear ways to get involved.
- Undertake an assessment of our membership application process to ensure we are collecting useful information on our members.
- Conduct regular analysis of our monitoring data and report progress to the membership.
- Consult with key stakeholders across the party and integrate these perspectives into a formal E&D strategy for the next two years.
- Build a robust network of activists across our local parties who will champion equalities and diversity work and feed ideas back to me.
- Investigate potential funding opportunities to support this programme of work, both from within and external to the Green Party.
Working with members:
- Meet regularly with the self-organised groups such as Green Women, Young Greens and LGBT Greens to ensure that their priorities are being communicated to GPEX.
- Build knowledge and capacity amongst self-organised groups to ensure that they are able to integrate their issues into the policy-making process.
- Work with self-organised groups to assist in making their activities and decision-making processes are transparent and accessible to members.
- Facilitate the creation of self-organisation for those groups of members currently under-represented in the Green Party.
- Facilitate working links between the various self-0rganised groups across the party, so that their outputs complement each other.
- Organise fringe events at the Green Party Conference to share best practice and raise the priority of equality and diversity within the membership.
- Work with Green Party Conference organisers to build upon recent improvements in accessibility and engagement for disabled members.
Outreach beyond the Green Party:
- Follow up on the excellent report undertaken by members into BME engagement with the Green Party and try to roll out some of their findings more widely.
- Make links with national organisations campaigning on equalities issues and build formal partnerships around key policy issues.
- Encourage external organisations to attend Green Party Conference and participate in fringe events.
- Support members conducting outreach work to under-represented groups, such as ethnic minority and disabled communities.
I hope this is a representative example of the work I hope to take forward over the next two years. I'm keen that this isn't a one-man band, so hope that some of this programme of action excites you into getting involved. If you think I've missed something fundamental out, please get in touch (firstname.lastname@example.org).